Computer Vision Group
The Computer Vision Group (CV) investigates and develops methods and algorithms to better understand and process visual information (2D and 3D images and video). The core expertise of the group includes deep learning for biomedical image classification, image retrieval and evaluation, statistical modeling for pattern recognition and image and video understanding.
Some recent projects include:
- Innovative SaaS based product to create video content and distribution strategies for marketing (2018-2021)
- Combining NLP and image analysis to accelerate and automate the collection of OSINT (2019-2022)
- AI system to analyse patient records and process high-volume documentation (2020-2023)
- Predicting Media Memorability
- Early prediction of Neurodegenerative Diseases using Deep Learning
- Artificial Intelligence for Diagnosis of Skin Cancer
The CV group hosts weekly seminars throughout the semester. We welcome all the researchers (PhD students, professors, researchers in industry labs, etc) to visit our group and present their work at the seminar. Please visit Meetings section for the latest information.
If you want to be included in the mailing list, please contact: <alba.garcia(at)essex.ac.uk> or <e.yagis(at)essex.ac.uk>